1. Give the structural formula for the
2. Circle the folowing structures below that could have geometric cis-trans isomers.
3. What is wrong (if anything) with the following names.
a) 3-propylhexane b) 4-methylpentane c) 4,4-dimethyl-octane
d) 2-chloro-4-bromo-4methyl-hexane e) 4-ethyl-butane
f) 3,3-dimethyl-hexane g) 3-methyl-6-ethyl-heptane
4. In each of the structures below indicate the
i) any isopropyl groups
ii) the number of primary (1o); secondary (2o); and tertiary (3o) carbon atoms.
Any there any quaternary (4o) atoms?
5. Draw all the isomers of the following
formulas. (The number of possible isomers is indicated in
parentheses. Name them as well.
a) C6H14 (5) b) C5H11Cl (8) c) C3H6Cl2 (4) d) C3H8O (3)